Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Northern Virginia Athletes Are Taking Over the Olympics!

I’ve been working as a Northern Virginia real estate agent for several years now, so to say that I’m proud of the area I live in is an understatement. I genuinely feel that all of the communities in NOVA are ideal places to live and really foster a sense of closeness and comfort in their respective environments. That’s why, when there is exciting news about the area, I always try to report on it quickly. I love boasting about the accomplishments of the respective communities that I service. This year, one major international event has very strong ties to Northern Virginia.

We’ve all heard about the upcoming Olympic Games in London. These are always a cause for excitement internationally. In a lot of ways, it gives us all something to cheer for as a nation. It unites us. This year, there are a total of five Olympians in the Northern Virginia area alone. That’s saying something about our local athletics programs, isn’t it? Take a second to meet our Olympians:

Giuseppe Lanzone
Sex: Male
Rowing
Event/position/class: Eight
Age: 29
From: Annandale

Terrence Jennings
Sex: Male
Taekwondo
Event/postion/class: 68kg
Age: 25
From: Alexandria

Kate Ziegler
Sex: Female
Swimming
Event/position/class: 800m free
Age: 24
From: Great Falls

Claire Laubach
Sex: Female
Competing in field hockey
Event/position/class: Defense
Age: 28 (29 on July 29th!)
From: Bristow

Matt McLean
Sex: Male
Swimming
Event/position/class: 800m free relay
Age: 24
From: Sterling

Now that you know who to cheer for, be sure to watch the Olympics, which start this Friday. As someone who has lived and worked in Northern Virginia real estate for several years, I think that news like this is important to share. It’s up to our communities to support our Olympians and cheer them on as they represent our nation in this positive, unifying event. Having a strong list of athletes to cheer for during this time will give our towns an excuse to get together and watch the games!

As always, if you have any questions about buying or selling a home in the Northern Virginia area, don’t hesitate to contact me and ask! I am always happy to help in any way that I can. I sincerely hope to hear from you soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment